Remote Access & Wireless Services - Technology
Remote Access & Wireless Services
NPS CloudLab is the best method to access a wide variety of popular applications and web services via Windows virtual desktop. NPS CloudLab only requires a web browser and an internet connection.
Using NPS CloudLab you will be able to access various internal websites/applications including, but not limited to, NPS Intranet, Matlab, Python, SharePoint, Student Muster, and Course Evaluation Forms (CEFs) previously known as Student Opinion Forms (SOFs).
To use NPS CloudLab:
- Microsoft 365 Multi-Factor Authentication will be REQUIRED for login to CloudLab starting Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Prepare by enrolling on the MFA Self Enrollment Portal. Follow the steps for your mobile device(s) to enroll. Detailed instructions are available at Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Visit https://cloudlab.nps.edu.
- Select CloudLab HTML Access for online virtual desktop OR
- Select Install CloudLab Client to download VMware client (Windows or Mac) or mobile application (iOS, Android).
- Login through Microsoft 365 with your NPS "User Name" and "Password" plus the required MFA prompt.
These applications and services are delivered instantly to users via any computer or mobile device connected to a network at any location on or off campus.
Virtual Private Network
To set up access to the NPS Wireless network, please use the NPS Wireless account instructions (log-in required).
To set up access to the NPS Guest Wireless network, please follow the Guest Wireless account instructions. Guest wireless accounts are valid for two weeks. If guests require a guest wireless account for longer than two weeks, they will need to apply for a new guest wireless account following these instructions.
As a participating institution of eduroam, NPS faculty, staff, and students can connect to eduroam’s secure wireless networks at other participating institutions in the United States and abroad using their NPS email address and password.
Since this participation is reciprocal in nature, visiting faculty, staff, and students from eduroam participating institutions may also use their home institution login information on the NPS campus by selecting the "eduroam" SSID in the list of available wireless networks shown on their devices.
For more information on the eduroam service, please refer to the eduroam website.
- Outlook Web Access on Office 365 is viewable through any web browser at https://mail365.nps.edu
- Setup instructions for downloading your e-mail to your computer can be found at wiki.nps.edu/tac. (Authentication required)
Direct Intranet Access
- The NPS Intranet Homepage is accessible on campus or while connected to the VPN.
Department of Defense Root Certificate Install
The SSL certificates we use are issued by the Department of Defense. If your web browser does not trust these certificates, you'll get a warning when visiting the page.OPTION 1 - Download and install ALL DOD root certificates (Windows Only)
This DOD-issued application will install the DOD root certificates into your IE or Firefox/Chrome web browsers. This application is is an MSI installer that should run on most workstations. An additional installer is available for those without admin rights.
How to determine if you are using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows
- 32-bit Installer - (MSI Download)
- 64-bit Installer - (MSI Download)
- Non Administrator - (MSI Download)
- Launch InstallRoot with administrative privileges by right-clicking on the program and select Run as Administrator or, if InstallRoot is already open, select Restart as Administrator from the InstallRoot Home tab.
You can ignore and close any messages about TAMP updates.
- Enable NSS store if prompted to install certificates for Firefox browsers.
- Select Install Certificates from the Home tab.
OPTION 2 - Download and install the DOD Root Certificates (Windows, Mac, Linux)
By importing and trusting the root DOD certificates you will be able to use any DOD website without receiving an SSL certificate warning. You will need to manually import the certificate into your browser or other application. Click here to go the download page at the DISA.MIL site, and click on the Trust Store tab.